Jeremy Belknap Prize for Best Writing in French by a Freshman
Awarded for the best writing sample in French completed for a course offered by the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures during the academic year.
- Prize is open to current freshmen only.
- Essay must have been written for a course offered by the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures this academic year.
- Students must have had no previous immersion in the French languages, such as living for an extended period in a French-speaking country or living in a household where French is spoken.
- Writing sample may be of any length and may concern any topic but must be non-fictional in nature: literature, film, culture, history, etc.
- Submit graded work with instructor’s comments. If there is more than one draft, please include all drafts. You may not approach anyone for additional assistance with your submission.
- You may submit a maximum of two separate essays.
Sidney Li, class of 2019, for his essay “Les gestes faibles et forts : vers une comparution perceptive”, awarded $500