The Robert Bacon Fund Grant for Undergraduate Summer Study or Research in France
Application Deadline: February 10, 2017
The French section of the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, based on the recommendation of a selection committee, will give support to a restricted number of Harvard undergraduates who wish to pursue summer study, research, or internships in France. Grant monies are awarded based on financial need and merit. Maximum grant amount per student is $2,500 (two thousand and five hundred dollars). Preference is given to concentrators in Romance Languages and Literatures and students attending Harvard's summer program in Paris.
- Students must be in good academic standing at Harvard.
- Students must be recipients of financial aid from Harvard College.
- The grant may only be used for summer travel or study to France.
Please apply through CARAT, Harvard's common application process.
• Edith C. Benavides (RLL Concentrator), class of 2017, for research on Dalinian visualization, reinterpretation, and recanonization of Don Quijote, awarded $3,000
• Lucas D. Cuatrecasas (RLL Concentrator), class of 2018, project entitled “Lost in the World”: Late Twentieth-Century Latin American writers in Paris, awarded $2,800
• Josie Francois, class of 2017, for summer French studies in Paris at Reid Hall Program through Columbia University, awarded $3,000
• Hanna E. Psychas, class of 2018, for the study of language, literature and theatre at the Institut d’Avignon, awarded $3,000