Requirements: 5 half-courses
- A maximum of one (1) Spanish half-course at the 40-60 level.
- A maximum of two (2) Spanish half-courses at the 70-90 level.
- At least two (2) Spanish half-courses at the 100-level and above. One of these two courses can be replaced by a Romance Studies course at the 70-100 level.
- At least three (3) courses must be taught in Spanish.
Remark: Secondary field students can take any Spanish course offered (from 40- to 200-level) except for Spanish 91r (supervised reading and research), Spanish 98 (junior tutorial) and Spanish 99 (senior tutorial).
- A maximum of two (2) half-courses taken abroad and approved both by the OIP and RLL for Harvard credit.
- A maximum of one (1) half-course in a related field (a Freshman Seminar or any relevant course offered in other programs or departments).
No course may be taken Pass/Fail or Sat/Unsat, with the exception of an optional Freshman Seminar.