February 24, 2021
Spring 2021 data visualization workshop series
- Visual Eloquence: A Hands-On Workshop for Creating Effective Data Visualizations is a participatory workshop on visualizing data and using visualization for analysis and presentation in digital scholarship (tomorrow, Feb 25, 10am-12pm EST).
- In Introduction to Tableau you’ll use a sample dataset to make an interactive dashboard in Tableau (Mon. March 2, 12-1pm; Fri. March 5 10-11am; Mon. April 12, 12-1pm).
- In Intermediate Tableau we go over advanced techniques in Tableau, combining datasets and doing more complicated mapping, etc (Mon. April 29, 12-1pm; Fri. April 16, 10-11am).
- In Data Visualization with Google Data Studio, we use a sample dataset to create an interactive dashboard in Google Data Studio (Fri. March 26, 10-11am).
- Design Principles for Data Visualization goes over key design principles to guide your choices on color, graph type, etc. when making data visualizations (Fri. April 9, 12-1pm).
- Data Visualization Using Free, Online Tools compares some of strengths and weaknesses of four powerful (and free!) online tools (Fri. March 12, 10-11am; Wed. March 17, 12-1pm).
- How to Lie (to Yourself and Others) With Data Visualization gives you strategies to recognize accidentally or deliberately misleading data visualizations (Fri. April 23, 12-1pm).
If you have any questions or would like to request an additional workshop at a different time, please email